PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is one of the most important documents, whether you are a taxpayer or just a normal resident of India. You will receive a new 10 digit unique alphanumeric number when you apply for a new PAN Card. Income Tax Department issues the PAN Card to every citizen of India. Here is the complete process to check PAN Card Status. We have shared a process to check PAN Card Status with different methods, have a look.
PAN Card Status
PAN Card is one of the most important documents that every taxpayer owns. Not just the taxpayers, but also many citizens of India and other countries’ residents holds a PAN card. A PAN card comes in handy while filing for Income-tax returns or a new credit card. There are various ways in which a PAN card is compulsory.
There are several ways to apply for a new PAN card. You can use the different websites of the income tax department to apply for a new PAN card. The onlineservices.nsdl.com is the most popular website to apply for a new PAN card.
|Full Name||Permanent Account Number|
|Services||● PAN Card Status Track● PAN Card Correction● New PAN Card Apply|
|New PAN Card Charges||₹93 + GST|
|PAN Card Helpline Number||● 1800-220-306● 02267931300|
You can also apply for a new PAN card through offline ways. But the most convenient one is the online way. However, to apply for a new PAN card online, you have to make sure that your mobile phone number is linked with your aadhaar number, so that you can complete the KYC process online.
After you have applied for a new PAN Card, you are always curious to know the PAN Card status. You always want to know, when your PAN card will arrive at home so that you can open your first bank account or you can apply for your first credit card.
Below, we have shared the various ways to check PAN Card Status. You can check PAN Card Status Track through the official website of the Income Tax Department. Moreover, you can check your PAN Card status through your Name and Date of Birth. And there are multiple ways to check for the PAN Card Status, and we have listed them all below.
PAN Card Status Track Process
The first and the best option to check your PAN Card Status is by the official websites. There is 2 website which helps you to check your PAN Card Status. The first one is the NSDL website and the second one is UTI’s website. More depends upon, which website you have applied for your PAN card.
If you don’t know which website you used to apply for your new PAN card, then don’t worry. You can use both of these websites to check the PAN Card Status track. Both are free to use and there are no such restrictions. Here is the complete PAN Card Status Track process:
- First of all, visit any of these websites on your computer or smartphone:
- After visiting any of these links, you will land on the official page of the website.
- Next, you will see multiple options on the websites.
- First, you have to choose the Application Type.
- You will have to click on the drag down menu and select “PAN- New/Change Request”.
- Next, there will be another blank box in which you will have to type the acknowledgment number.
- You can find the acknowledgment number on your mail ID which you used to make your new PAN card. If you don’t remember the mail ID, then you can check all of your email Inbox for the mail from NSDL or Income Tax Department.
- Moreover, make sure to search for the “Acknowledgement Number” which will help you out. However, if you are still unable to pull out the acknowledgment number, then you can use other methods to check your PAN Card Status.
- Type the Acknowledgement number.
- Next, fill up the captcha.
- Click on the Submit button and your PAN Card status will be shown on your screen.
PAN Card Status Check by Aadhar Number
If you don’t remember the PAN card no, or if you have lost the PAN card number and still want to track it with the Aadhar card, then you must have applied for the PAN card with your Aadhar card to use this method.
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department which is www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and you will land on the homepage.
- Click on the “Instant PAN through Aadhar” option under the Quick Links section.
- On the next page, click on “Check Status / Download PAN”.
- Next, on the other page, you have to type your Aadhar no.
- Fill the captcha box and you shall receive an OTP on your registered mobile no.
- Fill out the OTP and your PAN card status should be tracked.
- You can download Download PAN Card from this page.
PAN Card Status UTI
To check PAN Card Status UTI, you must have applied for the PAN card from this website of the Income Tax Department. If you don’t remember which website you applied from, then you can use all the methods to track your PAN Card status. Here is how to track PAN Card Status UTI:
- First of all, go to the official website which is www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/trackApp and you will land on PAN Card Status tracking page directly.
- Type your Application Coupon Number in the first field.
- If you don’t have the Application Coupon Number, then you can leave it blank and type your PAN Number in the second field.
- Make sure to input the captcha and click on the Submit button.
- That’s it. Your PAN card status will be tracked.
So, this is how you can track PAN Card Status. Hopefully, you will find it helpful and like our approach. If you have any doubts regarding your PAN card status, then do let us know in the comments box.