New Delhi: Are you about to sell your car or have recently sold your car? In such a situation, you must be wondering what will happen to the FASTag installed on it. It is very important for you to know that you have to first inform the tag issuing bank about it and close the account. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has given this information on its website.
What to do with FASTag when selling a car?
If you have sold or transferred your vehicle, you should deactivate or disable FASTag immediately. If you do not do this, then toll payment will continue to be deducted from the same account. That is, money will continue to be deducted from your account. Actually, toll payment will be deducted from the same source account to which the FASTag account is linked.
Not only this, as long as your FASTag account is linked, then the new owner of your car will also not be able to get a new FASTag for the car. Because only one active FASTag can be linked to a vehicle.
How to close fastag account
By the way, different service providers have different procedures for closing or deactivating the FASTag linked account or e-wallet. But, one of the most common ways is to contact your FASTag provider te customer support and submit the request for the closure or deactivation of the FASTag linked account.
- To close the FASTag account, you must first call the customer care service.
- MoRTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched helpline number 1033 for redressal of complaints related to FASTag.
- Customers can directly dial 1033 for any FASTag related concerns.
- Use a mobile payment application linked to FASTag
- Log in to the mobile application or prepaid wallet of your FASTag issuing bank
- Now follow the steps to cancel your fastag account.
- Log in to the online FASTag portal of the bank issuing the FASTag
- You can also log in to the online portal of the bank that issued your FASTag.
- There you have to follow the necessary steps to close your fastag account.
What is FASTag?
Along with this, let us tell you that FASTag is a sticker, which is put on the windscreen of your vehicle. When you cross any toll during the journey on the national highway, the scanner installed there scans the sticker on the vehicle through the device Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. With this, you do not have to stop and pay from place to place.