Southern Railway 2021 Jobs Recruitment Notification. Southern Railway inviting applications for the positions of General Duty Medical Officer. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply for the positions.
Last Date for Submission of Application is on 21st May, 2021.
No.of Posts and Vacancies :-
General Duty Medical Officer – 50 Posts
Job Location – Chennai
Education Qualification :-
Southern Railway has decided to engage 50 Full Time Contract Medical Practitioners as detailed below for a period till 31.03.2022 or till the pandemic of Covid-19 continues, whichever is earlier, from the date of engagement to manage the COVID-19 wards at Railway Hospital/Perambur, Chennai.
1. Name of the post: GDMO
2. No. of vacancy: 50
3. Educational Qualification & desirable work Experience: M.B.B.S with experience in ICU working and operation of ventilator Machine. OR The candidate should be M.B.B.S and registered with the Indian Medical Council. One year work experience in a reputed hospital
4. Monthly Remuneration: Rs.75,000/-(GDMO) (for Retired State/Central Government Medical Officers including Railways, the monthly remuneration + Pension drawn by Retired doctors should not exceed last Pay drawn).
For candidates from open market- Should not have completed 53 years of age as on 01.05.2021. However, this upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates. For Retired Medical Officers from State / Central Government including retired Railway doctors — should not have completed 65 years of age as on 01.05.2021
Terms and Conditions
01 . The contract shall be entered into for a period till 31.03.2022 or till the pandemic of Covid-19 continues, whichever is earlier from the date of engagement. Period of contract is not extendable on any grounds. However, the Railway administration shall reserve the right to enter into fresh contract with the Medical Practitioner for another term.
02. No private practice is allowed during the period of contract.
03. The Full-Time Contract Medical Practitioner (hereinafter referred to as CMP), who enters into contract with the railways will not have any claim or right for his / her continuity in service or automatic extension of the term of contract.
04. During the validity of the contract, the CMP will be at liberty to terminate the contract for betterment of his / her career or on any other grounds by giving 15days notice to the Railways. The contract can also be terminated by the Railways at any time during the period of contract by giving 15 days notice without assigning any reasons whatsoever. Contract shall also be terminated, if the CMP is found to be mentally or physically incapacitated.
05. The CMP shall undergo a medical examination, before the contract is entered into, for his / her fitness to perform the work awarded to him / her.
06. At the time of entering into contract, the CMP shall produce certificates of his / her character and antecedents from two gazetted officers of the Central I State Government.
07.At the time of entering into contract, the CMP shall produce original certificates for proof of his / her date of birth and educational qualifications.
08. The monthly fee for CMPs and the daily rate of proportionate reduction from the fee, in the event the CMP absents himself / herself for periods exceeding those stipulated in the contract.
09. In the event of unauthorised absence of Contract Medical Practitioner from duty or absence from duty for a period of exceeding the period stipulated in the contract, there shall be proportionate deduction from remuneration.
10. Full-Time CMPs may be provided unfurnished accommodation, subject to availability. In case Railway accommodation is provided to the CMP, an amount equivalent to HRA and License Fee of the accommodation so provided shall be deducted from the monthly fee admissible to the CMP. (The remuneration specified above includes House Rent Allowance and transport allowance).
11. The CMP may avail of free medical treatment for self only except the operations categorized as “Special” in Para 622 (8) of Indian Railway Medical Manual 2000 and treatment normally available at super-speciality centres from his / her respective zonal railway hospital during the currency of contract.
12. The CMP shall be governed in respect of matters not referred to in these terms and conditions by any orders / amendments to the terms of contract issued by the Railways from time to time.
13. The CMP shall issue sick / fitness certificates for a period upto 7 days, beyond which the certificate so issued by him / her should be countersigned by a regular Railway Medical Officer available at the nearest Hospital / Dispensary / Health Unit.
14. The CMP shall not perform administrative work like pre-employment or periodical medical examinations, sanction of leave to Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ staff and certification with respect to food items considered unfit for human consumption, etc. However, the CMP shall be allowed to permit Group ‘C’ and erstwhile ‘D’ staff Casual Leave, if sought, for 3 days or less at a stretch.
15. The CMP shall not make medical recommendation of any kind referred to Para 559 to 564 of Indian Railway Medical Manual (IRMM) 2000,
16. The CMP will not have any financial powers. However, he / she may operate the imprest account in accordance with the guidelines contained in the IRMM. However, the cash vouchers in such cases shall be got countersigned by an authorized Railway Medical Officer. No cash imprest account shall be recouped unless the proposal is countersigned by an Indian Railway Medical Service Officer.
17. The CMP shall not initiate / review / accept the annual confidential reports of Group ‘C’ railway employees. However, he / she shall, on request, prepare and present the performance report of the staff.
18. The CMP shall not indent or condemn / recommend for condemnation any tools and plants.
19. The CMP selected should not perform / involve in any activities that would be considered against the interest of Medical Department / Railways and, if found, his/her services will be terminated immediately.
Selection Procedure :
1. Date and time for interview through Online- The short-listed candidates will be subjected to interview through online I Phone call from 26.05.2021: 11:00 hrs onwards. The interview will be conducted on subsequent days also depending upon the requirement.
2. Medical Examination: The empaneled candidates shall undergo the required medical examination before the contract is entered into for fitness to perform the work awarded.
How to Apply :
The Interested retired Government Medical Officers of Central/State Government including the retired Railway doctors and Candidates from “Open Market” have to send the scanned copy of their application duly filled and signed in the prescribed format through e-mail along with requisite documents / Certificates in single PDF as mentioned in the application form e-mail ‘d: email@example.com Closing date & Time is 21.05.2021, 6:00 PM