EPF balance is the amount that is there in your EPF Account. EPF balance consists of amount deducted every month from your salary plus the amount that is contributed to your EPF account by your employer. Knowing your EPF balance can be a good indicator of your retirement savings.
Steps to Check EPF Balance via SMS or Missed Call
Apart from checking PF balance EPF online portal, subscribers can also check their balance via SMS or missed call. For this to happen, subscribers will be required to have an active UAN number and their KYC details including their registered mobile number seeded with their UAN account.
How to Check PF balance via SMS?
Once the employee has seeded his KYC documents seeded with his/her UAN account, all they have to do is SMS their details in the following format – EPFOHO UAN ENG – to 7738299899. Note, ENG stands for English – if English is the language of preference. Once the message has been sent, the subscriber will receive a message with the details of his/her PF balance.
Read more about Check PF Balance By SMS
How to Check EPF balance via Missed Call?
Here too, one’s KYC documents will have to be integrated to his/her UAN account number to facilitate this service. Once that is done, all that the subscriber has to do is to give a missed call to 011-22901406. The subscriber will then receive a text message of the PF balance on his/her registered mobile number.
Steps to Check PF Balance via Mobile App
To enhance the convenience of their subscribers, the EPFO has launched their very own mobile app. All that the subscribers have to do to is to firstly download the app from EPFO website and register themselves using their PF account number and KYC details.
Steps to follow check EPF balance using the EPF mobile app:
- Download the app and click on member on the app’s homepage.
- On clicking the member option, enter your UAN and after choosing the balance/passbook option.
- Now, enter your registered mobile number.
- If the mobile number is displayed as incorrect, enter other details such as mobile number, Aadhaar card, etc.
- choose the view “EPF passbook” option if one wishes to view statements of the last 7 months.
- Once the details have been entered, the mobile app will display the balance in the employee’s PF account.